dewdrops

welcome to dewdrops, loves. it's been a while, but as usual... sit back, relax, and enjoy -- preferably with some tea...

Thursday, May 28, 2015

thoughts and rants #1: elements

So recently we had an English assignment which asked us which natural element we think we embody the most. I was excited because I had thought of it before. However, after the essay,  I never really stopped thinking about it. The more I think about it, the more I think of myself as water... Water can be calm and yielding at times, fitting in each mold it is poured into, flowing through whichever path has already been planned out. However, when it has its own opinion, it can become as forceful as the ocean. I'm sure you guys have heard of the water engravers or whatever they're called :)

I find that I can change easily from one personality to another, such as going from composed to hyper with my friends, much like how water can pour into one shape or another without breaking like earth. Within different groups of friends, I act in different ways. Even though it seems as if I am bending myself to fit in, the truth is that these personalities are just extensions of myself.

Water also takes time to warm up or cool down, and for me, a certain amount of time must pass for me to get used to a certain situation. For example, whenever I make a new friend in unfamiliar surroundings, I assess everyone before settling down to talk to one person. It takes a longer time for me to relax and talk to a stranger compared to other people.

Even though I can sometimes be quite active like fire, I'm not quick to change my mood, or at least I don't really show it much... It takes a lot to anger me or make me protest. Sometimes, it makes me seem kind of cold or detached like ice... but those who really know me know whether I'm actually really into something or not. For example, last year, I went on an exchange program to Japan. When it was time to leave, I was sad. Truly sad. Yet, somehow, I just couldn't cry... It felt so strange. My buddy and her friends were crying, yet I could only manage a sad face... It's also kind of strange. When I'm annoyed, I don't really show it until I just can't stand it anymore.
Anger is associated with heat, right? Yeah, strangely enough, it's the one emotion that comes out easiest through this "ice." When I'm angry, I tend to get really quiet and TRULY cold (haha and anger is supposed to be hot) to the poor victim (sorry :P).

Rivers may seem transparent at times like air, but the truth is that once someone jumps in, it is usually deeper than it seems. I have many thoughts that I don't to share with others, while air rushes and speaks before thinking. It's not that I don't trust them, it's just that I don't want to :P This also can link back to the previous statement :)

One more thing is that water picks up each and every little thing in its path, like a leaf or a grain of sand. If I'm interested in something, there's no stopping me from exploring more in depth, and usually I go further than other people in exploring the topic.

So, that's definitely enough talk about me :)... How about you?

2 comments:

leave a message for me here ❤