dewdrops

welcome to dewdrops, loves. it's been a while, but as usual... sit back, relax, and enjoy -- preferably with some tea...

Saturday, July 18, 2015

thoughts and rants #2: boredom and leisure

I feel like I'm drowning in work :)
Even though it's the middle of summer, I have essays to write, instruments to practice, Chinese to review, blah.
But... BUT... that's alright! When I'm able to take a break, I truly appreciate it. There are times when people feel bored. I'm a person, so naturally, I feel bored sometimes. No one likes being bored.

However, I think that all of us should appreciate having the time to have nothing to do. When I am bored, I complain about having nothing to do. When I have something to do, I complain about having too much work and no leisure time. It's like society today. The space of perfection between too much and too little is barely as wide as a hair. It's practically impossible to be perfect. The time in which people are bored is actually leisure time. People complain about having no break, but that's just a mindset.

Boredom is a kingdom in which you rule like the Queen of Saigon. You have no power, and you rule over nothing. Boredom is black and white. No, not even black and white. Every color has its own beauty. It's truly nothing. Boredom is a sinkhole where every emotion is smothered and swallowed up to create a mess of sludge where the bird of your soul is trapped. It's only when you change the mindset, switch to another key, can you open the vile cage of hardened filth. Think of this empty slot of time as free time, leisure time.

Leisure is when someone unwinds, reflects, and imagines each possible path thinkable that is ahead of them. Without this precious time, work can trip you up and send you falling down an endless spiral, stumbling before you see what is ahead and realise that you have repeated a mistake that has been made too many times. Maybe you don't want to think about the past or the future. Think about now, or contemplate something. Anything that goes into your mind. That's the beauty of it all. Leisure time is like a room with an infinite number of open doors. You can walk through any of them, wherever you choose to go, yet you can always find your way back to the main atrium. However, each time you return from an exploration, the atrium is filled with one more treasure gained from the journey.

So, which path will you take? You have a full set of keys, but which one will you choose to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message for me here ❤