dewdrops

welcome to dewdrops, loves. it's been a while, but as usual... sit back, relax, and enjoy -- preferably with some tea...

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

eternally grateful / transience

as I lay here
At four in the morning
And strain to hear your faint breathing
I think --
    Music in now, aid to sleep,
    The light behind your eyes --
Under the strangely bright night sky
And popcorn ceiling I've grown up with
    And would hate to lose:
Another day will soon dawn
and time passes by
So quickly

I haven't told you I love you recently
I hope I get another chance --
I wonder
Heart wringing, sore chest
What life will be like without you
And all I will know then
And all I realize now is
That I am eternally grateful
For all that you've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message for me here ❤